跳至

首頁

尾頁

民房

積分: 70

1#
發表於 05-5-12 02:59 |只看該作者

Looking for a Kindergarten - You must read this

I have spent quite some time looking for a KG for my child and I will be sending her to Rightmind at Chi Fu. Received the following note from the school relating to their curriculum. I find the Putonghua and flashcard courses most interesting. The have a fresh concept and good curriculum.

I am sharing this info out of respect for the management and staff of Rightmind. They have done a good job and I extract the following for your information:

"Rightmind Kindergarten & Rightmind International Nursery (hereinafter “RMKG”) incorporates proven language, mathematics, physical and music curriculums designed by leading educators in United States, United Kingdom, Japan, Singapore and Taiwan. KinderU is confident that RMKG will be best suited for the development of the young minds and prepare them for the exciting world that awaits them.

Main Syllabus 課程以英、汉語为主

School hours at RMKG are for the duration of three hours. All classes (including mathematics) will be conducted in English except Chinese classes which will be conducted in Mandarin (Cantonese optional). All students will be taught Traditional and Simplified Chinese characters and parents may then decide at home which characters they wish their child to endorse and develop.

KinderU’s Letterland - English Phonics 劍桥发音課程 – 說一口好英語

Students will be taught English phonics at class. RMKG incorporates into its syllabus a system of phonics from Cambridge, U.K. (“Letterland”) which has been proven to be extremely effective both at KinderU and Jimmy’s Kindergarten for the past five years. The responses from both parents and students at KinderU confirmed that this system is effective and popular.

Flashcards 用右腦轻松地学复杂知識

All teachers are trained and are familiar with the effective use of flashcards daily to expand the child’s command of vocabulary. The use of flashcards are in accordance with the latest research done by neuro-scientists (Dr. Glenn Doman) that specialize in the area of growth and development of a child’s brain.

Mathematics 复杂數学概念简单化

Pre-nursery

Mathematics will be taught in English by KG teachers trained to use Doman math dot cards.

Throughout K1 to K3, students will learn advanced mathematical concepts in a fun, joyous and factual way with KinderU’s Active Mathematics Curriculum. Upon completion of K3, a child will learn to recite numbers, count objects, write and draw numbers, learnt ordinal numbers, the concept of more than or less than, composition and decomposition, addition, subtraction, measurements, set theory, functions, logic, properties of shapes and colours, spatial description, spatial correspondence, paths, networks, coordinates, binary system and cyclic series.

These concepts were thought to be too hard for young minds. At Rightmind, we have confidently reduced these concepts into ideas that a young mind can comprehend.

KinderU Zijing Program 现代字经 – 半年学会普通話及2000漢字

RMKG will implement a Mandarin program proven successful in 22 provinces all over China and in Singapore. Students will learn 4000 Chinese words in 50 different categories designed to enhance the reading ability of children in a few months. Teaching methods are based on neurological research on the learning abilities of very young children. The Course uses effective right brain learning strategies, music and intellectual games to stimulate their interest in learning Chinese.

RMKG will produce its own curriculum and worksheets based on textbooks from PRC and Singapore. All students will be taught to recognize and write Chinese in both Traditional and Simplified characters. Parents will have the option to choose which characters they prefer to adopt for the child. Assignments may be submitted in either of the characters.

Courtesy Curriculum 君子有礼

The first six years of a child is crucial to the development of his/her character. Each of our teachers have been instructed to keep watch on each of our student and guide a student in the correct way when situations arise in the classroom situation. Teachers will also communicate with parents in the presence of the Headteacher if a situation warrants special attention.

Gifted Program 資优儿童

RMKG acknowledges that each student is unique and special attention will be given to those who have special abilities. A student who has shown signs of early accomplishments will be attended to individually and teachers will prepare special worksheets for these children or they could be promoted to higher classes.

Music Program 音乐早培育

Music is a language and it has been proven since 1950s that children can learn music before they can talk. All students will be encouraged to start to learn an instrument from 3 years of age. RMKG will have a panel of teachers who specialize in teaching young children. The school expects that either a parent or a guardian will accompany the student in their music lessons after school hours."

The best thing that I like is that their fees for 2005/06 is going to be around HK$3000 and their English teachers are all native English speakers. It is an international school charging the fees of a local school.

民房

積分: 16

2#
發表於 05-5-14 01:24 |只看該作者

Re: Looking for a Kindergarten - You must read this

Thank you for your sharing. I'm also interested in learning more. Do you have the contact number? If so, do you mind PM it to me? Seems that I cannot search its website.

民房

3#
發表於 05-5-14 17:39 |只看該作者

Their number is 28756501. I think they already have a waiting list for Pre-nursery and K1. I understand that their Mandarin group is very popular this year. You can go and check.

民房

4#
發表於 05-5-26 01:57 |只看該作者

I received this from Rightmind Kindergarten. I was told that they have recruited teachers from Beijing to teach Pre-Nursery to K3 this Mandarin system. I saw on the internet that this system has been very successful in Singapore.

Ms. Lawton told me that during the year 2005/06, students at RMKG and Jimmy's Kindergarten (Aberdeen) will receive full tuition FREE OF CHARGE for 45 minutes per day during the whole school year. The normal charge for the hours spent on this program works out to be more than HK$30,000.

Looks like I have made the right choice to send my child there. The following is an extract of what they sent me for your all of you to read:

一百多年前,古代只學2780字的《三字經》《百家姓》《千字文》就能過識字關,今天的孩子卻要學30多萬字的12冊小學語文課本才能過識字關。同樣的效果,學習量增加了100多倍。在全社會高呼為兒童減負的今天,我們不禁要問:現代的語文教學究竟是前進了,還是後退了?

中華民族的DNA

“識字難” - 我們卻一直對它束手無策。直到教育部語言文字應用研究所的專家們承接了國家大型識字專案,耗時三年構思了一部奇特罕見的超級識字教材——《中華字經》,讓6歲的孩子6個月達到6年級的識字量和閱讀水平,才徹底攻克了這個舉世公認的識字難題。

《中華字經》教學理論繼承了我國二千多年來識字和閱讀分段教學的歷史經驗。批判了“邊識字,邊閱讀”和“看圖識字”的教學觀念,遵循不學2000字不得讀書的古訓,獨闢蹊徑,推出了識字、閱讀的專業教學法。在識字教學中,它運用了“分割識字”原理,按照文、句、詞、字的順序教學,每天一小時,三個月攻克識字關;在閱讀教學中,它運用“全腦速記”原理,按照字、詞、句、文的順序教學,同樣每天一小時,三個月攻克閱讀關。從而大幅度提高了學習效率,取得了語文教學的驚人突破。

全國29個省市自治區的15萬名兒童參加了實驗。結果表明:普通兒童學習三到六個月,達到六年級識字量和閱讀水平的學生占到82%,識字閱讀水平得到大幅度提升的占到99%。孩子們已經成群、成班,甚至成園、成校地變成了普通意義上的“小神童”。

兒童識字要趕早

實驗結果震憾了教育界。教育部主辦的全國核心期刊《語言文字應用》專門為課題組出版了25萬字的《幼兒識字研究專輯》。在這部專輯中,全國人大副委員長,民進党主席,語言文字學家許嘉璐先生、教育部語言文字資訊管理司司長,兒童語言學家李宇明教授、北師大語言學家陳國眉教授、中科院語言研究所茅于燕研究員、中科院心理研究所孫宇浩研究員、關協專家委員會心理學家荊其誠教授、教育部語言文字應用研究所心理語言學家佟樂泉教授、普通話和語言教學研究室張一清研究員等一批國內著名學者和專家,從語言學、生理學、心理學、教育學等各個角度論述了幼兒識字的理論和觀點。闡明了一個最基本的道理:“早識字的孩子未必早成才,但是早成才的孩子一定要早識字”。

走出國門天地寬

國內100多家報紙和互聯網站報導了《中華字經》“只學一篇韻文,便識天下漢字”的神奇效果,在全國掀起了巨大的衝擊波。在教育部和中國僑聯有關部門的關心下,這一成果迅速在學前和學齡兒童中廣泛應用,很多省市的教育機構在當地申請立項並開展實驗教學。僅僅幾年的時間,大江南北,長城內外,識字“神童”如雨後春筍。《中華字經》引導的一場識字革命在幼教和小教語文改革的大潮中領軍而出,勢不可擋。實驗結果同樣引起了海外的高度關注。

新加坡引進了《中華字經》教學後,18節課學習了1000個漢字,《聯合早報》和《聯合晚報》對這一結果做了大篇幅報導,最大的華文電視臺做了現場直播。2004年3月17日,新加坡華文教育委員會主席在國會專門陳述了《中華字經》在華文教育中的作用。教育部語用所在新加坡設立了第一所海外華文教學基地。新西蘭前總理詹妮費•西普利女士和馬來西亞政府黃家定部長會見了《中華字經》的發明人,鄭州大學的郭保華教授。馬華協會決定在全國1300多所華小中推廣《中華字經》。英國格林威治中文學校使用《字經》教學取得了顯著成效,國際頻道做了專題採訪。全球教育管理集團已經簽訂了合作協定,投資成立全球漢語學院,在世界範圍內推廣《中華字經》。

奇思妙想為孩童

《中華字經》是世界上最奇妙的識字課本。奇妙之一在於全文4000漢字沒有一個字是重複使用的,當你學完這篇韻文時,就等於學完了人生常用的全部漢字。奇妙之二在於它是我國第一部音樂伴奏的吟唱式教材,孩子們能在歡快的音樂背景中將4000漢字唱出來。奇妙之三在於它能集識字、組詞、習韻、正音、學知於一身,是諸多識字方法的集大成者。奇妙之四在於它還是我國歷史上第一部,也是唯一的一部按照漢字使用頻率編寫的《韻文式常用字表》。這個“字表”包括了語文教學大綱規定的學生用字2500個(小學字量);國家漢語水平考試大綱(HSK)規定的常用漢字2905個(初中字量);國務院公佈的常用漢字3500個(高中字量);電腦國標字形檔的基本字3755個(常用字量)。據國家標準總局對漢字字頻的統計結果,它覆蓋了社會科學和自然科學文章用字的99.81%,幾乎是中國人一生中常用的全部漢字。

書讀萬卷字為始

《中華字經》的創作與專家們的教學思想是緊密相聯的。他們認為識字是學習漢語的切入點。過了識字關,閱讀和寫作問題都會迎刃而解。可是百年以來,我們總是模仿英語教學把閱讀作為切入點,甚至提出了“先閱讀,後識字”的極端觀點,這是一個根本性錯誤,也是語文教學改革“屢改屢敗”的原因。英語學習的起點就是閱讀,所以西方提出了“早期閱讀”的理論。漢語因為多了“字”的環節,所以學習的起點只能是識字。自古以來我國“蒙學以識字為要務”。這是由文字的性質決定的。只要過了識字關,閱讀問題會迎刃而解。
但是擁有世界上使用人數最多的漢語言文字,卻沒有一本像天下第一字書《千字文》那樣的高效識字課本,能一統天下1400年而不衰。《中華字經》就是奔著這樣的目標,在繼承中華民族數千年蒙學遺產的基礎上,根據現代漢語二次構詞的特徵創造出來的傳世之作,是我國二千多年識字理論的厚重積澱。它不僅是兒童早慧的識字教材、還是學生受益終生的百科經典,更是弘揚中國文化的啟蒙篇章。

內容形式都精典

《中華字經》的內容分為天文、地理、人倫、大道、政治、經濟、歷史、文化、科技、體育……等五十類經典知識。其中所論及的知識範圍,即便是大學畢業生也未必全部掌握。一字可能指一物品、一詞可能指一事件,一句可能指一典故,一節可能指一歷史。隨著年齡的增長,學習一遍有一遍的收穫,閱讀一遍有一遍的長進,不僅能學到人生漢字,更能學到門類眾多,終生受益的文化知識。

首頁

尾頁

跳至